Major/minor advising (for study abroad credit approval, click here)
All Asian Studies majors are required to meet with a faculty advisor in the Department of Asian Studies in the fall, prior to registration for spring. Information on scheduling these advising appointments is distributed via the majors listserv in early October. Throughout the rest of the academic year, please feel free to contact faculty advisors anytime you have a major/minor-related question or issue they can help you with.
For fall 2018, advising assignments are as listed below. Everyone’s office hours and full contact information can be found on this page.
- Interdisciplinary Asian Studies major/minor: Dr. Dwayne Dixon
- Arab Cultures major & Arabic minor: Dr. Fadi Bardawil
- Chinese major/minor: Dr. Uffe Bergeton
- Hebrew minor: Dr. Robin Visser
- South Asian Studies major & Hindi-Urdu minor: Dr. Afroz Taj
- Japanese major/minor: Dr. Dwayne Dixon
- Korean minor: Dr. I Jonathan Kief
- Persian minor: Dr. Robin Visser
- Middle Eastern Languages minor: Dr. Robin Visser