Major/minor advising (for study abroad credit approval, click here)
All Asian and Middle Eastern Studies majors are required to meet with a faculty advisor in the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies in the fall, prior to registration for spring. Information on scheduling these advising appointments is distributed via the majors listserv in early October. Throughout the rest of the academic year, please feel free to contact faculty advisors anytime you have a major/minor-related question or issue they can help you with.
For fall 2020, advising assignments are as listed below. Everyone’s office hours and full contact information can be found on this page.
- Interdisciplinary Asian Studies major/minor: Dr. Dwayne Dixon.
- Arab Cultures major & Arabic minor: Dr. Ana Vinea.
- Chinese major/minor: Dr. Gang Yue.
- Hebrew minor: Dr. Pamela Lothspeich
- South Asian Studies major & Hindi-Urdu minor: Dr. Pamela Lothspeich
- Japanese major/minor: Dr. Dwayne Dixon.
- Korean major/minor: Dr. I Jonathan Kief
- Persian minor: Dr. Claudia Yaghoobi
- Middle Eastern Languages minor: Dr. Pamela Lothspeich