Major/minor advising (for study abroad credit approval, click here)
All Asian and Middle Eastern Studies majors are required to meet with a faculty advisor in the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies in the fall, prior to registration for spring. Information on scheduling these advising appointments is distributed via the majors listserv in early October. Throughout the rest of the academic year, please feel free to contact faculty advisors anytime you have a major/minor-related question or issue they can help you with.
For the 2023-24 year, advising assignments are as listed below. Everyone’s office hours and full contact information can be found on this page.
- Interdisciplinary Asian Studies major/minor: Dr. Dwayne Dixon.
- Arab Cultures major & Arabic minor: Dr. Nadia Yaqub.
- Chinese major/minor: Dr. Uffe Bergeton.
- Hebrew minor: Ms. Hanna Sprintzik
- South Asian Studies major & Hindi-Urdu minor: Dr. John Caldwell.
- Japanese major/minor: Dr. Mark Driscoll
- Korean major/minor: Dr. Jon Kief
- Persian minor: Dr. Claudia Yaghoobi
- Middle Eastern Languages minor: Dr. Yaron Shemer