Hindi-Urdu test format
The placement test in Hindi-Urdu typically consists of the following parts:
- A questionnaire about languages in the student’s formal education and languages spoken at home.
- A short writing sample in which the student writes about her/himself.
- Some questions based on a film clip.
- An oral interview (about 5 minutes).
FALL 2020 UPDATE:
The test is now online, and has these parts:
- A questionnaire about your previous language study and experience;
- A listening comprehension section based on a film clip;
- A writing sample (you can use either the Hindi script, or the Urdu script, or Roman transliteration);
- A speaking sample.
For most people that will be it, but some people may also be asked to do an oral interview via zoom.