We are proud to announce that the Asian Studies Department will be offering Elementary Korean I and II as summer 2019 courses.
- Intensive courses for introductory Korean
- A full academic year or 8 credit hours of Korean in just one summer
- Classes are 5 days a week from 9:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Visiting student application opens February 4, 2019
- Summer School registration is already open so register now
First Session (May 15-June 20)
KOR 101 Elementary Korean I (4)
Introduction to the basics of modern Korean, including the pronunciation of spoken Korean, the writing system of Hangul, communication and reading skills in controlled contexts, and fundamentals of grammar. Intensive course.
Second Session (June 24-July 30)
KOR 102 Elementary Korean II (4)
Prerequisite, KOR 101. Develops speaking and listening skills for everyday communication, reading skills for simple narratives and descriptive texts, and understanding for core grammatical patterns. Intensive course.
On-campus housing available on request
The summer program is available to current UNC students, incoming freshmen, students from other universities, community members, and rising high school seniors.
For questions or for further information, please contact: Dongsoo Bang at firstname.lastname@example.org or Eunji Lee at email@example.com