THE DEPARTMENT OF ASIAN STUDIES AT UNC CHAPEL HILL INVITES STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN ARABIC SUMMER COURSES:
- Intensive courses for introductory Arabic studies
- A full academic year (8 credit hours) will be covered over the two summer sessions
- Classes meet five days per week from 9:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m
- Visiting student application opens February 4, 2019
- Summer School registration begins March 18, 2019
- FLAS funding eligible
First Session (May 15-June 20)
- Elementary Arabic I (ARAB 101, 4 credit hours) Introduction to written and spoken Arabic. Includes introduction to both Modern Standard Arabic and a dialect. No prerequisite.
Second Session (June 24-July 30)
- Elementary Arabic II (ARAB 102, 4 credit hours) Continued introduction to, and development of, written and spoken Arabic skills. Prerequisite: ARAB 101 or departmental placement.
On-campus housing available on request
Program is available to current UNC students, incoming freshmen, students from other universities, community members, and rising high school seniors
For more information about Arabic Studies at UNC Chapel Hill, please visit http://asianstudies.unc.edu/programs/arabic