The Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (DAMES) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is accepting applications for its Fall 2022 Master’s program.
- Priority deadline—December 14, 2021
- NOTE: If you want to be considered for FLAS and university scholarships/fellowships, you need to submit all application materials by December 14.
- Final deadline—June 14
Why Study with Us?
- The DAMES M.A. offers humanistic training to students in one of two tracks: either the broad, interdisciplinary area of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, or the more focused field of Chinese studies.
- Our program provides the chance to improve proficiency in one or more languages designated “critical” to the future of America by the State Department (Chinese, Japanese, Korea, Vietnamese, Hindi-Urdu, Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Turkish), as well as significant expertise in the culture of a country or region in Asia or the Middle East.
- Our students develop advanced skills beyond those already mastered as undergrads to enhance future careers in higher ed, politics, international organizations and non-profits, journalism, the military, and business and finance.
- Reach out to us with questions! We include scholars of literature and environmental humanities, experts in critical theory, historians of culture, specialists in film and visual culture, anthropologists of medicine, and experts in language teaching among other topics.
Please visit our website (https://asianstudies.unc.edu/ma-program/) for more information about our faculty, financial information, funding opportunities, and applying. If you have questions, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.