Major/minor advising (see below for study abroad approvals)
All Asian Studies majors are required to meet with a faculty advisor in the Department of Asian Studies in the fall, prior to registration for spring. Information on scheduling these advising appointments will be distributed via the majors listserv in early October. Throughout the rest of the academic year, please feel free to contact faculty advisors anytime you have a major/minor-related question or issue they can help you with.
In fall 2016, advising assignments are as listed below. Everyone’s office hours and full contact information can be found on this page.
- Interdisciplinary Asian Studies major/minor: Dr. Li-ling Hsiao. Make an advising appointment.
- Arab Cultures major & Arabic minor: Dr. Zeina Halabi. Make an advising appointment.
- Chinese major/minor: Dr. Uffe Bergeton. Make an advising appointment.
- Hebrew minor: Dr. Yaron Shemer
- South Asian Studies major & Hindi-Urdu minor: Dr. Pamela Lothspeich. Make an advising appointment.
- Japanese major/minor: Dr. Mark Driscoll. Make an advising appointment.
- Korean minor: Dr. Ji-Yeon Jo
- Persian minor: Dr. Claudia Yaghoobi
- Middle Eastern Languages minor: Dr. Yaron Shemer
Study Abroad advising and credit approval
To get study abroad credit approved after your return, please contact the appropriate advisor as follows:
- Interdisciplinary Asian Studies: Dr. Li-ling Hsiao at email@example.com
- Arabic: Dr. Zeina Halabi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chinese: Dr. Gang Yue at email@example.com
- Hebrew: Dr. Yaron Shemer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hindi-Urdu/SAS major: Dr. Pamela Lothspeich at email@example.com
- Japanese: Dr. Mark Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Korean: Dr. Ji-Yeon Jo at email@example.com
- Persian: Dr. Claudia Yaghoobi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turkish: Dr. Didem Havlioglu at email@example.com