Major/minor advising (see below for study abroad approvals)
All Asian Studies majors are required to meet with a faculty advisor in the Department of Asian Studies in the fall, prior to registration for spring. Information on scheduling these advising appointments is distributed via the majors listserv in early October. Throughout the rest of the academic year, please feel free to contact faculty advisors anytime you have a major/minor-related question or issue they can help you with.
For spring 2017, advising assignments are as listed below. Everyone’s office hours and full contact information can be found on this page.
- Interdisciplinary Asian Studies major/minor: Dr. Robin Visser.
- Arab Cultures major & Arabic minor: Dr. Zeina Halabi.
- Chinese major/minor: Dr. Uffe Bergeton.
- Hebrew minor: Dr. Yaron Shemer
- South Asian Studies major & Hindi-Urdu minor: Dr. Pamela Lothspeich.
- Japanese major/minor: Dr. Mark Driscoll.
- Korean minor: Dr. Ji-Yeon Jo
- Persian minor: Dr. Claudia Yaghoobi
- Middle Eastern Languages minor: Dr. Yaron Shemer
Study Abroad advising and credit approval
To get study abroad credit approved after your return, please contact the appropriate advisor as follows:
- Interdisciplinary Asian Studies: Dr. Robin Visser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arabic: Dr. Zeina Halabi at email@example.com
- Chinese: Dr. Gang Yue at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hebrew: Dr. Yaron Shemer at email@example.com
- Hindi-Urdu/SAS major: Dr. Pamela Lothspeich at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Japanese: Dr. Mark Driscoll at email@example.com
- Korean: Dr. Ji-Yeon Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Persian: Dr. Claudia Yaghoobi at email@example.com
- Turkish: Dr. Didem Havlioglu at firstname.lastname@example.org